Skilled Immigration Australia
Subclass 189 and Subclass 190
Skilled Migration to Australia is a visa type that grants successful applicants to live and work in Australia for an indefinite period of time.
Are you looking to make your next career move to Australia? If you have the right qualifications and work experiences resulting in a skill that is nominated by the Australian immigration department on their website, you have a chance of working in Australia.
Once you are in Australia, you can even switch jobs or employers in different parts of the country without requiring to notify the Home Affairs. However, both the Skilled Migration types i.e. General Skilled Independent Subclass 189 and State Nominated Subclass 190 have many pre-requisites that need to be taken care of before you get the invitation to apply. Read through to get a general overview of how these two Australian Skilled Immigration visa types.
Get in touch with us today
Skilled Independent Subclass 189 Requirements:
When applying for the Skilled Independent 189 Subclass, the first thing you need to understand is the Skilled Occupation List (SOL). This is a list of skills that are nominated by the Australian Home Affairs and has all the skills that are currently shortlisted to be immigration eligible. You will need to have a qualification and work experience that is listed on the SOL, be sure to check the official Australian Skilled Immigration website to find your occupation. Here are the other major requirements:
- Be younger than 45 at the time of application submission to gain age points. Younger you are, more points you will gain for your age
- Have Skills Assessment done on your acquired skill with relevant qualifications and work experience in it
- Nominate your skill that is also found on the Medium and Long-Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) to gain skills assessment points attaching a copy of your work experience with it
- Demonstrate the required English Language skills. When applying from the GCC, IELTS is the most common English Language test, TOEFL and a few others are also accepted. However, the Australian Skilled Migration requires quite high language skills. You will need to be either Proficient or Superior in English with Proficient getting you 10 points and Superior getting a full maximum mark of 20 language points on the points based system
- Attach your health clearance reports and highlight a good health status that is very fresh and from an approved medical institute
- Attach character clearance certificates that from Dubai, KSA or any other state of the GCC are usually police clearance certificates
- Attach financial proof that you will be able to support yourself and any of your dependents for a good period of time once you get to Australia
- Be Invited to apply by an Australian business or citizen
- Score a minimum of 65 points on the points-based system.
What You Get with Independent 189 Subclass?
Are you ready to apply for the Skilled Immigration Independent Subclass 189? This particular type of immigration will offer you following benefits:
- You will not need a state sponsor at all and can move wherever you want in the country with your family whenever you want provided your visa status is still valid
- You and all your dependents will be able to work in Australia as preferred
- You will qualify for the Australian Citizenship after having spent the due amount of time in the country, which is 4 consecutive years
- You will have full access to the country’s healthcare and educational systems just like any other Australian citizen would
- You will be able to sponsor any of your family members into Australia.
Skilled Nominated Immigration Subclass 190
The Skilled Nominated Immigration Subclass 190 is slightly different from the subclass 189 independent. Here are some of the major changes it has:
- To qualify, you will need to have at least 65 points from the points based system with many points coming from your state nomination
- Be nominated by an Australian state or territory government agency to be eligible to live and work there
- Your English level requirement will drop with this visa subclass and you will need to be Competent in your IELTS score, which is a band of 6 in each module i.e. Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing
- You will be provided a permanent state immigration with no expiry date and will qualify for a citizenship under the same rules as other Australian skilled immigration subclasses
- The fee for Skilled Nominated Immigration is higher than regular immigration, you can expect to pay 3,755 AUD.
The Process of State Nomination
Applicants have to approach state governments on their own and the process is fairly simple once you know where to contact:
- You will start by contacting your preferred or desired states or territories in Australia
Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) through SkillSelect with details of your nominated occupation, matching qualifications and skills. You will be given a score by the SkillSelect and if your score is high enough, you will proceed to the next step
- Wait for your chosen territory or state to nominate you and once you are nominated, they will send you out an invitation to apply for the Australian Skilled Immigration Nominated Subclass 190.
A usual 6-8 months waiting time is associated with the Subclass 190. Here are some eligibility factors:
Nominated Skilled Migration Subclass 190 Eligibility
- You must get an invitation from a state or territory in Australia
- Your occupation must be found on the List of Eligible Skilled Occupations
- You must also get a skilled assessment that highlights your qualifications and skills enabling you to work in that particular occupation
- You will need a minimum score of 65 from the points based system
- You can only apply before you get to the age of 45
- You must meet the set health standards
- You must be clean and good of character with a certificate to prove it
- You might not be eligible for the subclass if you have been refused or cancelled a visa before while you were in Australia.
Express Onestop Immigration Can Help
Express Onestop Immigration Dubai is one of the most skilled and experienced Australian Immigration Experts in Dubai and rest of the Middle East. We have a very skilled team of experts who are always working to provide our clients the most satisfactory Australian Immigration options. If you qualify for the Skilled Independent 189 Subclass or need us to help you get your State or Territory nomination, Australian immigration consultans will provide you just the assistance that you are looking for in Dubai, KSA or rest of GCC states.
Fast Visa Processing
Usual expected timeframe for the Australian Skilled Migration from Dubai or rest of GCC states is around 6 – 9 months. Immigration consultans in Dubai will help you to prepare your Australian immigration application just right enabling the case workers to find easy work of it and complete their assessment in the minimum time possible. We also have business ties with the right people at the right place that enable us to guide our clients towards their right career paths. We will also help you with interview preparation getting you ready for your appearance with the visa officers.
Speak to one of our immigration expert by filling a free assessment and get immediate assistance for your immigration needs. To get free visa assesment for your Australian work contact us for more details of our working permit/visa consultancy.